I am not one to post blogs on our site, mainly because I don’t have my own laptop, but this is a rare exception. The reason? Because I LOVE the NFL draft.
Now obviously this mock is probably not going to be perfect especially since I’m doing this on my phone, at work, and also doing research on house hunting. So my mind is scattered right now, but not to the point that I can’t sit back and not participate. So in the words of the iconic interpretation of the Joker by Heath Ledger: “Here……we…..go”.
1) Cincinnati Bengals – QB Joe Burrow LSU
– Tua is the better talent, but Burrow deserves to be the number 1 pick this year.
2) Washington Redskins – DE Chase Young Ohio State
– The best player in this class will create a new fearsome four in DC.
3) Detroit Lions – CB Jeffrey Okudah Ohio State
– Marshon Lattimore size + Denzal Ward toughness = Okudah
4) New York Giants – OT Jedrick Wills Jr. Alabama
– Toss up between Wills and Thomas for best OT but I think Wills fits better in New York.
5) Miami Dolphins – QB Tua Tagovailoa Alabama
– Do not overthink this!
6) Los Angeles Chargers – QB Justin Herbert Oregon
– I’m not really a fan of his, but LA doesn’t have Rivers anymore. The search for a franchise QB will begin.
7) Carolina Panthers – DL Derrick Brown Auburn
– Safest pick in this draft and could go as high as 3. Perfect leader type talent for Rhule’s team.
8) Arizona Cardinals – OT Andrew Thomas Georgia
– Murray had a great rookie year but got victimized due to a terrible o-line. Thomas is an immediate upgrade.
9) Jacksonville Jaguars – LB Isiah Simmons Clemson
– This dude screams bust to me. However, he has alot of athletic traits that the Jags would love to have.
10) Cleveland Browns – OT Mekhi Becton Louisville
– The Browns are going to brown and take the wrong OT. Dude has a ton of potential but the Browns desperately need to hope they can develop his footwork.
11) New York Jets – OT Tristan Wirfs Iowa
– Receiver class is very deep that they can address a need in the 1st with a great talent.
12) Las Vegas Raiders – WR Jerry Jeudy Alabama
– Easiest pick in the world. Immediate WR 1 for Carr and honestly would be the favorite for OROTY.
13) Indianapolis Colts – WR Ceedee Lamb Oklahoma
– A YAC God that is perfect compliment to the deep threat of T.Y. Hilton
14) Tampa Bay Buccaneers – OT Josh Jones Houston
– They have great weapons and an emerging defense, but the oline needs work for whoever is behind center. Jones is rising is fast.
15) Denver Broncos – DL Javon Kinlaw South Carolina
– My absolute favorite player in this class. Goes to a team that will utilize his skillset to the fullest potential.
16) Atlanta Falcons – DE AJ Epenesa Iowa
– Top 10 level talent that falls due to reaches. Perfect replacement for Beasley.
17) Dallas Cowboys – CB Kristian Fulton LSU
– Opened alot of eyes this year. Physical type corner that can be a big difference maker in that secondary.
18) Miami Dolphins (via PIT) – RB DeAndre Swift Georgia
– A little high for my liking but there’s not an OT worthy of this pick left. Great complimentary piece to this offense.
19) Las Vegas Raiders (via CHI) – S Xavier McKinney Alabama
– Another bama boy goes to LV. So much youth on this team and McKinney hasn’t reached his full potential yet.
20) Jacksonville Jaguars (via LAR) – WR Tee Higgins Clemson
– Higgins represents the big bodied pass catcher that would really do wonders for whoever is QB1 for the jags.
21) Philadelphia Eagles – WR Henry Ruggs III Alabama
– This is what you call a perfect combination of BPA and need. Eagles desperately need speed on this offense and Ruggs has all that and more.
22) Buffalo Bills – WR Laviska Shenault Colorado
– I think he will shoot up draft boards after the combine but for now, this is a great match. Josh Allen needs a bigger weapon to compliment Brown and Beasley. Could also see a TE reach here too.
23) New England Patriots – DE K’Lavon Chaisson LSU
– The rich get richer. A very young pass rusher falls in my mock and the emperor couldn’t be happier.
24) New Orleans Saints – QB Jordan Love Utah State
– Deke brought this up on our Monday TBD episode and I thought it was a great pick. I can’t see Taysom Hill as the heir to Brees.
25) Minnesota Vikings – CB Trevon Diggs Alabama
– The Vikings definitely would prefer Fulton but Diggs is still a great pick here.
26) Miami Dolphins (via HOU) – LB Kenneth Murray Oklahoma
– This is a bit of a weird pick but I think in terms of athleticism, Murray would be a great project for Flores to groom.
27) Seattle Seahawks – S Grant Delpit LSU
– A top 5 talent coming into this year, delpit didn’t play up to his potential at all. Seattle is rebuilding that secondary and I think he’d be a good foundation.
28) Baltimore Ravens – DE Terrell Lewis Alabama
– Even without Ozzie newsome, Baltimore goes back to the bama route. Extremely underrated talent.
29) Tennessee Titans – DE Yetur Gross Matos Penn State
– I could see Jonathan Taylor here if they don’t resign Henry, but pass rush has never been Tennessee’s strong suit over the years.
30) Green Bay Packers – WR Justin Jefferson LSU
– The PERFECT number 2 compliment to Davante Adams. Size, speed, and production.
31) San Francisco 49ers – OL Isiah Wilson Georgia
– This is a little bit of a reach, but they need an heir apparent to Joe Staley. Wilson is a draft eligible sophomore and really held his own against elite SEC competition.
32) Kansas City Chiefs – CB AJ Terrell Clemson
– Developing corners has always been an issue for KC. Adding someone with pedigree like Terrell should ease the learning curve.