Most of us on the bench have been to a Pittsburgh Pirates game and if you haven’t, I highly suggest it.
The product that they put on the field is swinging upward with the hiring of General Manager Ben Cherington and Team President Travis Williams. But that’s not why I’m suggesting you check out a game.
First, PNC Park is hands down one of the best ball parks in all of Major League Baseball, I mean it’s absolutely beautiful. Look at it.
Secondly, the Great Pierogie Race is something that is a staple at PNC Park. Four Pierogie’s race around the warning track and as the season goes on they keep track of winners to name an ultimate winner at the end of the season.
It’s absolutely great. Other team’s have something similar. The Nationals do the President’s race, which is actually pretty funny.
Then, there is a relatively new type of race, with the Atlanta Braves and The Freeze.
All of them are pretty funny and it’s a type of in-game entertainment that allows fans to enjoy the game. But can you imagine, being one of the Pierogie’s or one of the President’s?
Well, now you have the opportunity to do so.
The Pittsburgh Pirates are looking for new Pierogies for the 2020 MLB season. Here are some of the responsibilities and requirements.
- Running in the Great Pierogie Race during every Pirates home game.
- Responsible for the Chick-fil-A Cow appearances during Pirates home games.
- Responsible for appearances at PNC Park gates before Sunday games.
- Participate in special appearances at PNC Park and around the community.
- Willing to learn the Bucco Brigade duties and fill in when needed.
- Other duties game-day duties as assigned by the Special Events Department.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds.
- Must be able to run/sprint 215 yards in 60 seconds or less while wearing mascot suit.
- Comfortable working with the public and especially children.
- Must be able to obtain Act 33, 34 and 73 Clearances.
- Ability to work 70% of 81 home games (57 games) with a flexible schedule that includes nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to attend at least 70% of all special event appearances.
- Prior performance or entertainment experience is preferred.
Sounds like a pretty nice opportunity to me!