In response to Moorhead dropping his mock draft yesterday, I’ve decided to throw my hat into the ring. After that peasant decided to rank Wild Berry as the #2 Pop-Tart flavor of all time, I wanted to knock this so-called “rankings guru” down a peg or two.
For this mock draft (which is obviously subject to change), I looked at each team’s positional needs according to Pro Football Focus and chose accordingly, based on CBS Sports Prospect rankings. So here goes my entire reputation:
#1: Arizona Cardinals – Nick Bosa, DE, Ohio State
#2: San Francisco 49ers – Josh Allen, OLB, Kentucky
#3: New York Jets – D.K. Metcalf, WR, Ole Miss
#4: Oakland Raiders – Quinnen Williams, DT, Alabama
#5: Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Greedy Williams, CB, LSU
#6: New York Giants – Dwayne Haskins, QB, Ohio State
#7: Jacksonville Jaguars – Drew Lock, QB, Missouri
#8: Detroit Lions – Ed Oliver, DT, Houston
#9: Buffalo Bills – Jonah Williams, OT, Alabama
#10: Denver Broncos – Rashan Gary, DT, Michigan
#11: Cincinnati Bengals – Devin White, ILB, LSU
#12: Green Bay Packers – Clelin Ferrell, DE, Clemson
#13: Miami Dolphins – Kyler Murray, QB, Oklahoma
#14: Atlanta Falcons – Jeffery Simmons, DT, Mississippi State
#15: Washington Redskins – Greg Little, OT, Ole Miss
#16: Carolina Panthers – Deionte Thompson, FS, Alabama
#17: Cleveland Browns – Christian Wilkins, DT, Clemson
#18: Minnesota Vikings – Cody Ford, OT, Oklahoma
#19: Tennessee Titans – A.J. Brown, WR, Ole Miss
#20: Pittsburgh Steelers – Deandre Baker, CB, Georgia
#21: Seattle Seahawks – Montez Sweat, DE, Mississippi State
#22: Baltimore Ravens – Jachai Polite, DE, Florida
#23: Houston Texans – Jawaan Taylor, OT, Florida
#24: Oakland Raiders (from Bears) – Marquise Brown, WR, Oklahoma
#25: Philadelphia Eagles – Byron Murphy, CB, Washington
#26: Indianapolis Colts – Amani Oruwariye, CB, Penn State
#27: Oakland Raiders (from Cowboys) – Mack Wilson, LB, Alabama
#28: Los Angeles Chargers – Dre’Mont Jones, DT, Ohio State
#29: Kansas City Chiefs – Devin Bush, OLB, Michigan
#30: Green Bay Packers (from Saints) – Brian Burns, DE, Florida State
#31: New England Patriots – Noah Fant, TE, Iowa
#32: Los Angeles Rams – Dexter Williams, DT, Clemson
A few notes:
- I’m only guessing the Jets will take D.K. Metcalf because of their probable desire to surround Sam Darnold with offensive weapons. I realize this wide receiver class is relatively weak, so taking Metcalf that high might be kind of a stretch, even though he’s probably the best receiver in the draft.
- Greedy Williams is likely to fall in the draft because of his perceived “character issues”, so I wouldn’t be surprised if he isn’t taken this high.
- Kyler Murray will probably only slip to the Dolphins because of his whole Oakland A’s situation (and his height too, probably).
- This mock draft will most likely be completely wrong, just like every mock draft, ever.
- I’m devastated that Trace McSorley probably won’t go until at least the sixth round after his Senior Bowl performance. I’ll just keep praying for a turnaround I guess…
Mock drafts are such a tease. I just want the real thing already, dammit.