It’s that time ladies and gentlemen. This Thursday, the 2020 NFL Draft begins. People have been waiting months for this and with COVID-19 taking out all of our beloved sports, this is sure to grab everyone’s attention. The mock drafts and the trade rumors add fuel to the fire.
It is going to be amazing to witness the first ever virtual NFL Draft as everything will be done online. Things are about to crazy. Again, there are no trades prior to our orders of these mocks, so we’ll see how it goes. Also, like all my mock drafts, explanations for each will be listed below the tabled selections. Without further ado, I present to you my final 2020 NFL Mock Draft.
|1.) Cincinnati Bengals||Joe Burrow (QB/LSU)|
|2.) Washington Redskins||Chase Young (DE/Ohio State)|
|3.) Detroit Lions||Jeffery Okudah (CB/Ohio State)|
|4.) New York Giants||Isaiah Simmons (LB/S/Clemson)|
|5.) Miami Dolphins||Tua Tagovailoa (QB/Alabama)|
|6.) Los Angeles Chargers||Justin Herbert (QB/Oregon)|
|7.) Carolina Panthers||Derrick Brown (DT/Auburn)|
|8.) Arizona Cardinals||Tristan Wirfs (OT/Iowa)|
|9.) Jacksonville Jaguars||Javon Kinlaw (DT/South Carolina)|
|10.) Cleveland Browns||Jedrick Wills (OT/Alabama)|
|11.) New York Jets||Mehki Becton (OT/Louisville)|
|12.) Las Vegas Raiders||Jerry Jeudy (WR/Alabama)|
|13.) San Francisco 49ers||CeeDee Lamb (WR/Oklahoma)|
|14.) Tampa Bay Buccaneers||Andrew Thomas (OT/Georgia)|
|15.) Denver Broncos||Henry Ruggs III (WR/Alabama)|
|16.) Atlanta Falcons||C.J. Henderson (CB/Florida)|
|17.) Dallas Cowboys||K’Lavon Chaisson (DE/LSU)|
|18.) Miami Dolphins||Xavier McKinney (S/Alabama)|
|19.) Las Vegas Raiders||Kristian Fulton (CB/LSU)|
|20.) Jacksonville Jaguars||A.J. Terrell (CB/Clemson)|
|21.) Philadelphia Eagles||Justin Jefferson (WR/LSU)|
|22.) Minnesota Vikings||Tee Higgins (WR/Clemson)|
|23.) New England Patriots||Grant Delpit (S/LSU)|
|24.) New Orleans Saints||Jordan Love (QB/Utah State)|
|25.) Minnesota Vikings||Jeff Gladney (CB/TCU)|
|26.) Miami Dolphins||D’Andre Swift (RB/Georgia)|
|27.) Seattle Seahawks||Yetur Gross-Matos (DE/PSU)|
|28.) Baltimore Ravens||Patrick Queen (LB/LSU)|
|29.) Tennessee Titans||Josh Jones (OT/Houston)|
|30.) Green Bay Packers||Laviska Shenault Jr. (WR/Colorado)|
|31.) San Francisco 49ers||Kenneth Murray (LB/Oklahoma)|
|32.) Kansas City Chiefs||Jonathan Taylor (RB/Wisconsin)|
Who Picked Who and Why?
1.) Cincinnati – Why Joe Burrow?
- If I have to explain this any further this will make me vomit. Burrow will be the number one pick by the Bengals and will instantly make the Bengals better with his passing ability.
2.) Washington – Why Chase Young?
- Chase Young is the best defensive player in this draft. The Redskins need help on defense in the form of an edge rusher. Simply put this will help Washington and Ron Rivera make an impact.
3.) Detroit – Why Jeffery Okudah?
- This team is in desperate need of a corner. Okudah is the best corner in this class. Case solved boys and girls.
4.) New York (G) – Why Isaiah Simmons?
- I hate that I’m even putting this, but here we are. I just have the feeling that Gettleman is focused on the build and ability of Simmons rather than other positions needed (cough cough offensive line). The notion has been thrown that they are up for a trade at this pick, but knowing him and his stupid decisions, they’ll choose Simmons.
5.) Miami – Why Tua Tagovailoa?
- Though there are rumors of Herbert now here, the better fit would be Tua so he doesn’t have to play right away. Sit behind Fitzpatrick and learn and then do your thing kid.
6.) Los Angeles (C) – Why Justin Herbert?
- Herbert is the logical pick here as I believe he is the quarterback that is fully ready to play right now. Have Tyrod play for a little bit, but realize that you may have a better chance with putting Herbert in. Think of the Tyrod-Baker ordeal in Cleveland on this one.
7.) Carolina – Why Derrick Brown?
- Derrick Brown would fit perfectly into a struggling Carolina rebuild process. He would instantly provide support for this defense. He has the talent and will surely show it off for the Panthers.
8.) Arizona – Why Tristan Wirfs?
- The more I thought about this, I decided to go with Wirfs as the best tackle in this draft and pick him to protect Kyler Murray from getting sacked so much.
9.) Jacksonville – Why Javon Kinlaw?
- Kinlaw is an excellent pick for the Jaguars here as they try to rebuild every inch of their team. This kid has the talent as a top ten pick, and I now recognize that putting him with the Jaguars.
10.) Cleveland – Why Jedrick Wills?
- Wills is a great tackle, so since the Browns need a little more help on the offensive line, this is an excellent pick. Put him on left tackle with Jack Conklin on the right and you have an amazing pair together.
11.) New York (J) – Why Mehki Becton?
- With news coming forth of a certain drug found in Becton’s system, I assume that will take him down a peg or two. However, his ability is great and will provide plenty of coverage for Sam Darnold and company.
12.) Las Vegas – Why Jerry Jeudy?
- Jeudy in my honest opinion is the best receiver on this board. Putting him on the Raiders would be an instant change of pace for this team that had struggled with constant wide receiver issues.
13.) San Francisco – Why CeeDee Lamb?
- I have to assume with this pick that the 49ers will likely go receiver to replace Emmanuel Sanders. He was such a viable piece and losing him to the Saints will hurt…unless they pick up the number two receiver from Oklahoma;CeeDee Lamb. The possibilities with him are endless.
14.) Tampa Bay – Why Andrew Thomas?
- With tom Brady joining the Bucs, the prime concern is now to take care of him. Bring in Andrew Thomas who is a great offensive tackle and should at least help protect Tom from any unnecessary damage.
15.) Denver – Why Henry Ruggs III?
- Ruggs falls back into Denver’s clutches here with this pick and it is a good one. Now he can opposite Courtland Sutton and give Drew Lock a new body to throw to in this offense.
16.) Atlanta – Why C.J. Henderson?
- With the departure of Desmond Trufant from the Falcons, plans need to be made to replace him as this secondary is now really bad. Enter Henderson who can instantly make plays as the best corner in this draft.
17.) Dallas – Why K’Lavon Chaisson?
- Dallas has been eyeing the LSU product up recently and with this opportunity now sitting in front of them, I doubt they overlook it. Therefore Chaisson would fit into Dallas’s system very well and will look to improve that defense.
18.) Miami – Why Xavier McKinney?
- Miami uses this pick to make up for trading Minkah Fitzpatrick to the Steelers. Excellent choice here as McKinney can easily fill in this spot and be started with confidence in his athletic ability.
19.) Las Vegas – Why Kristian Fulton?
- Las Vegas uses their second pick on their second biggest need which is the cornerback position. Look no further than Kristian Fulton to bolster the power and ability of the secondary for the Raiders.
20.) Jacksonville – Why A.J. Terrell?
- It’s no secret that Jacksonville needs to make up for trading Jalen Ramsey and even though the two top corners are gone, I still see them taking a chance here with A.J. Terrell. The Clemson product will try to fill Ramsey’s shoes for a struggling Jacksonville team.
21.) Philadelphia – Why Justin Jefferson?
- The logical choice here is go with Jefferson. The kid isn’t limited to the slot, but I assume that is where he will primarily play. He has amazing talent and should provide it very well to an Eagles team whose wide receiver core was in shambles last year.
22.) Minnesota – Why Tee Higgins?
- Higgins shoots up the draft boards since Minnesota lost Stefon Diggs. Having him alongside Adam Thielen would be an excellent move by the Vikings even with his injury history added into the equation.
23.) New England – Why Grant Delpit?
- It’s hard to imagine what the Patriots will do. They could go quarterback, but they are high on Stidham. They could choose a no-name and bring him to success. For the moment, I’ll go with Delpit just because I believe his athleticism alone can earn him this spot.
24.) New Orleans – Why Jordan Love?
- If you think Taysom Hill is a franchise quarterback you’re an idiot. The Saints would be too if they failed to capitalize upon Love and what he brings to the table. Look for him to replace Drew Brees as the face of the franchise.
25.) Minnesota – Why Jeff Gladney?
- Minnesota needs a cornerback here and with most of the major names taken here with the addition of Terrell to the Jaguars, I can see the Vikings making a move to take Jeff Gladney. He has shot up draft boards and they will look to put him in replacing veteran Xaiver Rhodes that went to the Colts.
26.) Miami – Why D’Andre Swift?
- Swift as a running back here just makes sense. Miami’s rushing attack was horrible last year and with signing Jordan Howard already, having a one-two punch with Swift as the agility style back will hopefully bolster those running numbers so Fitzpatrick doesn’t have to do it all himself next year.
27.) Seattle – Why Yetur Gross-Matos?
- With Clowney still trying to negotiate a contract deal with someone, the Seahawks can’t afford to put all their chips on him. Instead draft Matos from Penn State and have the kid thrive in Pete Carroll’s defense.
28.) Baltimore – Why Patrick Queen?
- Queen is a deadly force on the defensive side of the ball at the linebacker position. Put him on the Ravens team and have him fill that big hole that was left when C.J. Mosley left the team and make it instantly good again.
29.) Tennessee – Why Josh Jones?
- This one is simple. They lost Jack Conklin, and just paid Ryan Tannehill a boat-load of money. Protecting him and Derrick Henry running the ball is the important goal here so signing Josh Jones out of Houston is a no-brainer.
30.) Green Bay – Why Laviska Shenault Jr?
- Giving Aaron Rodgers a reliable weapon is the best thing to do for business here. He couldn’t find a lot of people to throw the ball to and when he did they came up short. Laviska should do quite well in Green Bay and could pair well with Davante Adams at the receiving core.
31.) San Francisco – Why Kenneth Murray?
- Man do I hate putting Murray this low on the board. This is a little odd too because the 49ers might trade this pick back, but overall the main reason would be that rumors are floating around with the 49ers maybe shopping Kwon Alexander and having Murray fill that hole would be a great option to have.
32.) Kansas City – Why Jonathan Taylor?
- The Chiefs will likely move back too here, but if they had to choose someone it would most likely be running back Jonathan Taylor. With injury scares from both Damien Williams and LeSean McCoy last year adding this amazing back would be a great move for Kansas City.