Well here we go again with mock season baby! These are my very early predictions for the NFL 2020 Draft. First, we have the actual draft itself. Then we have the reasons why each team would pick this player. Think yours is better? Let me know what you think of mine and maybe make a Mock Draft of your own.
|NFL Team||Player Selected|
|1.) Cincinnati Bengals||Joe Burrow (QB/LSU)|
|2.) Washington Redskins||Chase Young (DE/Ohio State)|
|3.) Detroit Lions||Jeffrey Okudah (CB/Ohio State)|
|4.) New York Giants||Andrew Thomas (OT/Georgia)|
|5.) Miami Dolphins||Tua Tagovailoa (QB/Alabama)|
|6.) Los Angeles Chargers||Justin Herbert (QB/Georgia)|
|7.) Carolina Panthers||Derrick Brown (DT/Auburn)|
|8.) Arizona Cardinals||Jedrick Wills (OT/Alabama)|
|9.) Jacksonville Jaguars||Isaiah Simmons (S/Clemson)|
|10.) Cleveland Browns||Mekhi Becton (OT/Louisville)|
|11.) New York Jets||A.J. Espenesa (DE/Iowa)|
|12.) Las Vegas Raiders||CeeDee Lamb (WR/Oklahoma)|
|13.) Indianapolis Colts||K’Lavon Chaisson (DE/LSU)|
|14.) Tampa Bay Buccaneers||Jordan Love (QB/Utah State)|
|15.) Denver Broncos||Jerry Jeudy (WR/Alabama)|
|16.) Atlanta Falcons||Yetur Gross-Matos (DE/PSU)|
|17.) Dallas Cowboys||Grant Delpit (S/LSU)|
|18.) Miami Dolphins||D’Andre Swift (RB/Georgia)|
|19.) Las Vegas Raiders||Kenneth Murray (LB/Oklahoma)|
|20.) Jacksonville Jaguars||Kristian Fulton (CB/LSU)|
|21.) Philadelphia Eagles||Tee Higgins (WR/Clemson)|
|22.) Buffalo Bills||Henry Ruggs III (WR/Alabama)|
|23.) New England Patriots||Jake Fromm (QB/Georgia)|
|24.) New Orleans Saints||Justin Jefferson (WR/LSU)|
|25.) Minnesota Vikings||C.J. Henderson (CB/Florida)|
|26.) Miami Dolphins||Austin Jackson (OT/USC)|
|27.) Seattle Seahawks||Tristan Wirfs (OT/Iowa)|
|28.) Baltimore Ravens||Javon Kinlaw (DT/South Carolina)|
|29.) Tennessee Titans||Trevon Diggs (CB/Alabama)|
|30.) Green Bay Packers||Laviska Shenault Jr. (WR/Colorado)|
|31.) Kansas City Chiefs||Zack Baun (LB/Wisconsin)|
|32.) San Francisco 49ers||A.J. Terrell (CB/Clemson)|
Why Who Drafted Who?
1.) Cincinnati – Why Joe Burrow?
- Burrow is the best quarterback in this draft. Cincy would be a fool to pass him up knowing Andy Dalton will most likely not be with the team next year and the Ryan Finley experiment failing.
2.) Washington – Why Chase Young?
- Chase Young is the best prospect in this entire draft class for 2020. With Cincy setting their eyes on Burrow, you can expect that Washington will scoop him up and put him alongside Montez Sweat.
3.) Detroit – Why Jeffrey Okudah?
- Jeffrey Okudah is a huge asset to a Detroit Lions team that is in desperate need of some help. Look for the Lions to draft Okudah to give Darius Slay some help on the other side.
4.) New York (G) – Why Andrew Thomas?
- Gettleman is a guy that loves big strong physical football players. Look no further than Andrew Thomas out of Georgia. He does have some areas in which improvement is needed, but he is too important of an add for this Giants team to pass him up.
5.) Miami – Why Tua Tagovailoa?
- Tua had a fantastic year despite enduring a hip injury near the end of the season. Miami needs to grab him while they have the chance. They will most likely sit him and have Ryan Fitzpatrick start another year so Tua can learn from an experienced veteran. Plus, Rosen is not their quarterback of the future. Tua is.
6.) Los Angeles (C) – Why Justin Herbert?
- Philip Rivers’ career in Los Angeles is as good as done after this past season. Tyrod Taylor is helpful, but he is not the answer. Go out and grab Herbert to either start or sit behind Tyrod Taylor until he makes a mistake.
7.) Carolina – Why Derrick Brown?
- Brown is an excellent pick for a rebuilding Panthers organization. He has great size and a lot of upside (probably even enough to be in the top five. So with other teams needing other things, Carolina comes out on top with Brown on their defense.
8.) Arizona – Why Jedrick Wills?
- It is simply because of this one reason. Arizona has a terrible offensive line and Kyler Murray was sacked too many times because of it. Look for Wills to make an immediate impact to make sure Murray gets the ball out a lot more often instead of getting sacked.
9.) Jacksonville – Why Isaiah Simmons?
- Jacksonville is in the need of some defensive help this upcoming season. The safety position in particular needs work and what better name then probably the best safety in this draft. Simmons was crazy good at Clemson and will be a beneficial part of the Jags going into 2020.
10.) Cleveland – Why Mehki Becton?
- Becton will provide a huge help to a piss poor Cleveland offensive line. If Baker Mayfield still is Cleveland’s promise land of fortune then they will need to protect him and what better asset than Becton who proved to be a huge force in Louisville.
11.) New York (J) – Why A.J. Epenesa?
- While most would think the Jets will draft an offensive tackle to give Darnold some help, I believe they will find some key pieces in the offseason. Building up a stronger defense to get other teams off the field quicker would be better and to me that individual is A.J. Epenesa who showed great promise and needs just a bit of guidance from some veterans on the defense.
12.) Las Vegas – Why CeeDee Lamb?
- The Raiders are moving to Las Vegas and in my mind they need another playmaker to draw in some crowds. look no further than CeeDee Lamb. With injuries occuring in the receiver position and the failed Antonio Brown experiment, Gruden will look to find a promising weapon for Derek Carr to rely on in tight situations.
13.) Indianapolis – Why K’Lavon Chaisson?
- One can never have too many pass rushers on their team. While it might not be necessarily essential at the moment the Colts have to look to someone to be an apprentice to Justin Houston. K’Lavon Chaisson would be a perfect match for the Colts.
14.) Tampa Bay – Why Jordan Love?
- While it might seem odd to consider Love a move for the Bucs with his stat line hear me out on this one. Jordan is a bit of a wild card in my mind. If Jameis is a bust going into 2020 (which I believe he will be), than Love can get an opportunity to shine with the weapons around him which he didn’t quite have at Utah State. All he needs is a chance to prove himself.
15.) Denver – Why Jerry Jeudy?
- Some might consider this to be low for Jeudy and who could blame them. However, with teams having their needs at different positions Jeudy finds himself a pick for the Broncos. This is a huge pickup for Denver as Drew Lock will now have another weapon besides Courtland Sutton and Noah Fant to throw the ball to.
16.) Atlanta – Why Yetur Gross-Matos?
- The defensive end from Penn State would be a huge addition to the Atlanta Falcon’s defense. They struggled hard through injury and having a dominant force like him would be incredible for the Falcons. His potential upside is one they would love to have on their team.
17.) Dallas – Why Grant Delpit?
- It is no secret that Dallas lost out on their chance to acquire Earl Thomas last season when he went to Baltimore. They have been looking to fill this position and with a little guidance and coaching Delpit would be huge for the Dallas Cowboys in 2020.
18.) Miami – Why D’Andre Swift?
- The Dolphins need a ton of talent to back up Tua, and one major position to add would be the running back position. Georgia’s Swift is the best running back on the board in my honest opinion and I believe he and Tua (or Ryan Fitzpatrick) would make incredible magic together.
19.) Las Vegas – Why Kenneth Murray?
- While bringing in two Oklahoma Sooners seems odd, the Raiders have been trying to find the key linebacker they need on defense. Murray was a huge success breaking the record for Oklahoma for tackles in a game with 28. He’s tenacious and furious with a key speed and style the Raiders can’t afford to pass up.
20.) Jacksonville – Why Kristian Fulton?
- The Jaguars need to find a replacement for Jalen Ramsey since they sent him to the Rams. Fulton’s ability will be a start in my mind as the LSU player has recorded 61 tackles and a couple of interceptions over his college career.
21.) Philadelphia – Why Tee Higgins?
- Philadelphia needs help at the wide receiver position. With names like Lamb and Jeudy off the board Tee Higgins is the best one available. The Clemson wideout is a huge threat with his size and could give Carson Wentz a lot of help trying to find targets to throw to.
22.) Buffalo – Why Henry Ruggs III?
- Buffalo did well last season occupying Brown and Beasley, but they virtually have no one else for Josh Allen to throw the ball to. Ruggs would be an excellent choice for Allen to show off more of his razzle dazzle so to speak.
23.) New England – Why Jake Fromm?
- Brady might as well be good as gone for New England so it is probably time to find a new quarterback to the take the reigns for the Patriots. Georgia’s Fromm is an excellent choice despite his struggles this past season. Coach Belichick will hopefully enjoy having him on his team.
24.) New Orleans – Why Justin Jefferson?
- Michael Thomas has been the lone man on the totem pole when it comes to the receiving game in New Orleans. That all stops here when the Saints acquire Justin Jefferson who was a huge target for Joe Burrow and the LSU offense especially in the Championship game.
25.) Minnesota – Why CJ Henderson?
- CJ Henderson is a perfect fit for the Minnesota Vikings. Let us be honest here when I say Xavier Rhodes is not capable of making huge plays anymore. Enter Henderson with his ability needing to be sparked a bit. His height is exceptional and has great potential under Minnesota and Mike Zimmer’s defense.
26.) Miami – Why Austin Jackson?
- Now that all the right pieces are added on offense for Miami, it is time to protect those assets. Austin Jackson could certainly help with that scenario as he did quite well for USC with blocking and protecting the quarterback.
27.) Seattle – Why Tristan Wirfs?
- Maybe this is finally the year Seattle wakes up and gives Russell Wilson some help on the offensive line. Iowa’s Tristan Wirfs is an excellent choice to make sure Wilson has more time and only needs to scramble when he wants to.
28.) Baltimore – Why Javon Kinlaw?
- Baltimore is need of some help on the defensive side of the ball. Look no further than the physical freak of nature Javon Kinlaw. He should provide a huge boost to a little bit of a shaky Baltimore defense and getting him this high would be a steal for them.
29.) Tennessee – Why Trevon Diggs?
- The Titans did fantastic this year blowing all my doubts of them away when Tannehill took control of the offense. They need to boost their defense a little bit particularly the cornerback position. Trevon Diggs is an incredible talent and while the foot injury scares me a bit he should do fantastic given the opportunity.
30.) Green Bay – Why Laviska Shenault Jr?
- Green Bay needs to give Aaron Rodgers another goddamn weapon. Adams was hugely targeted and didn’t need to be. With Laviska on the team, Green Bay can finally rely on another weapon for Aaron Rodgers to throw the ball to.
31.) Kansas City – Why Zack Baun?
- Kansas City’s defense struggled at the beginning of the year, but they came back hard later in the season. Wisconsin’s Zack Baun would be a huge assist to a defense that can get a little better in 2020. Andy Reid and Steve Spagnuolo would love to have this kid.
32.) San Francisco – Why A.J. Terrell?
- The 49ers defense has been explosive this season and Richard Sherman is a huge reason for that being the shut down corner he is. However, he is getting up there in age (mid 30’s I believe) so the time to find his replacement might be sooner than later. Clemson’s Terrell is an incredible pickup and should thrive alongside that fortress of a defense.